Motorhomes require not just an annual mechanical service to check things like the brakes, exhausts and suspension but also a habitation service or check. The habitation check is an examination of the living area of your motorhome or campervan. This includes the electrical system, water system, gas boiler and damp proof testing.
It’s important to have regular habitation checks:
- To identify any problems therefore hopefully saving money on repairs or breakdowns in the long run
- Maintain value and sell on potential
- Safety – to protect anyone travelling in your vehicle
We recommend that you carry out your motorhome habitation service annually to ensure your motorhome or caravan is maintained and in good working order.
Annual habitation checks are a must if your vehicle is under manufacturers warranty and failing to carry out a habitation service might result in the vehicle warranty being cancelled.
What’s include in the habitation check –
- Gas Pressure Test
- Electrics Systems Test
- Water System
- Soundness Test
- Damp Test
Water ingress is the most under estimated factor in a motorhome or caravan. If the damp is not identified and cured in time, it will result in a costly repair bill. Annual checks can prevent this from occurring.
Some camping sites are now asking for proof of a recent ‘Habitaion Certificate’ to prove the vehicle is in ‘good working order’, before being offered a pitch on their site.
Book your motorhome habitation check at Knowepark online today.
Benefits of using an Approved Workshop
Along with the requirements for technicians, each workshop must also meet high standards of competency and comply with an industry wide Code of Practice. This means that we will:
- Display a detailed list of prices and labour rates
- Provide an estimate for additional servicing or repairs over £150
- Give a realistic estimated time for completion and collection
- Use genuine spare parts where available
- Make sure work is done using skill, care and professional judgement
- Always provide you with a checklist of work done
- Not start work without your express authority
- Contact you for authority to proceed if additional work is needed
- Notify you in writing of unrectified faults
- Provide you with an honest assessment of the urgency of further repairs
- Normally guarantee all repairs for six months
- Take all reasonable steps to protect any unexpired warranties